Renfrewshire Inspirational Awards to honour amazing local people
Ahead of the first annual event, acquaint yourself with the ethos behind the new Renfrewshire Inspirational Awards and find out how to get involved.
Devised as a means of celebrating the unparalleled community spirit that permeates through our population, the first annual Renfrewshire Inspirational Awards will be here before we know it. Set to be held in digital format on Sunday 28th November – there are plans for a physical event when it comes time for the sequel – it won’t be long now until our judges Steven Thompson, Made In Paisley’s Caroline Gormley and Quality Cards & Gifts’ David Shan are casting their deciding votes. With that in mind, we’d appreciate it if you could get any final nominations submitted via our online form before Monday 15th November.
As a reminder, the categories are as follows and anyone from across Renfrewshire is eligible:
- Inspirational Photographer sponsored by Paisley is
- Inspirational Renfrewshire Young Citizen sponsored by Thomson Heating Group
- Inspirational Renfrewshire Citizen sponsored by Braehead
- Inspirational Renfrewshire Senior Citizen sponsored by Olden Goldies
- Inspirational Community Organisation sponsored by C Allan & Son
- Inspirational Charity Organisation sponsored by Correctair Solutions (Scotland) Ltd
- Inspirational Community Enterprise sponsored by Branding Boutique
- Inspirational Community Contribution sponsored by Paisley Book Festival
Having come aboard to lend her expertise and unrivalled enthusiasm, Leah Canning, architect of the lauded Inverclyde Inspirational Awards, had the following to say about the origins of her creation and the excitement she feels about its new sister ceremony’s inaugural edition.
“The Inverclyde Inspirational Awards was established in 2019 with the purpose of rewarding local individuals, groups and organisations who have done incredible work within the community. To be expanding into Renfrewshire in collaboration with Mill Magazine shows that others have seen the success of the 2020 and 2021 awards in Inverclyde and want to bring the awards to the local area to celebrate those around them. We are looking forward to hearing all about the wonderful work going on in Renfrewshire and we want to be shouting about all the locals, groups and other organisations who deserve the recognition for their work.”
So, if you know someone who meets all that criteria, then why not fill out a nomination form and give them the recognition that they truly deserve? For more information, keep an eye on our social media channels as well as facebook.com/renfrewshireinspirationalawards.